Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby Talk

Watching children develop language is a fun thing.  It's especially interesting to me to see the way they get their message across before they can truly talk. Ace is still in the preverbal stage of baby babbling, but he does point to get things he wants.  He will point to the food he wants more of, or he will point to his sleep sack when he wants to nap.  If I miss his nap hints, he might bite me wherever he can find skin (I am trying to break that habit).  He also finds other ways to get a message across, as he did last night.  

We usually take him up to bath at 7 or a little earlier if he gets a poopy diaper.  Around 6:30 or so, he went to the place where we keep the wipes and diaper cream and pulled them to the floor.  He ignored them for a few minutes, but eventually he brought the cream to Daddy.  Daddy already had the wipes because Ace had stepped on them, opening the container, and Daddy wanted to close them so they wouldn't dry out.  After another minute or two, he brings me the wipes.  I said, "Thank you" and put them behind me.  He then grabbed the cream from Daddy and brought it to me.  I said,"Do you have a poopy diaper?  I don't smell one."  A few minutes later, he grabs the cream from me and puts it in his dad's face.  Daddy just took it and wondered what was up.  Then, Ace yells, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" and goes to the gate that leads upstairs to his bath.  I said, "Do you want your bath already?"  He ran back to Daddy (who usually gives him his bath) and starts tapping him on the head.  Daddy said, "What would you like?" and I said, "I think he's made that clear, honey.  He said, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath!'"  Upon this pronouncement, Ace again yells, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" and runs to the gate.  Guess he told us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment