Thursday, January 20, 2011

Phone Messages for Non-existent (to me) People

Tell me, do you have an answering machine or voicemail that clearly states the name(s) of people using your phone number and still receive messages for persons unknown?  Because we do (especially on our cell phones), and it’s definitely irritating.  I can’t tell you how many times we get messages that say something like “Hi, Blaze.  We’re all going to the X Club tonight.  Hope to see you there!”  Was “Blaze” listed on the answering message?  No?  Then you HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER!!!!  

Are people too lazy to listen to the message?  Are they driving and distracted and should not be calling anyhow?  Or are they just plain dumb?  What the heck?  I don’t get it.  I mean, if I dial a number, and the message on the other end lists names of people I am NOT calling, then I don’t leave a message, and I try again to see if I misdialed.  If I get the same message, I re-check the number.  How hard is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment